Stephanie Shepherd’s practice is in civil defense litigation (state and federal). She also practices in the areas of criminal law, family law, and appeals.
Stephanie’s legal expertise is extensive and has assisted her in drafting amendments to the Rules of Professional Conduct, the Sexual Violence Bench Book and the Child Abuse and Neglect Bench Book, all of which are routinely used by the circuit judges throughout the state of West Virginia.
- Admitted in 2004, West Virginia
- 2006, Maryland
- 2007, U.S. District Court, Southern District of West Virginia
- 2008, U.S. District Court, Northern District of West Virginia
- 2008, U.S. Court of Appeals, Fourth Circuit
Law School Attended
- West Virginia University, Class of 2004, J.D.
- West Virginia University, Class of 1997, B.A. summa cum laude
- West Virginia University, Class of 1998, M.A. magna cum laude
Associations & Memberships
- West Virginia State Bar
- Monongalia County Bar Association
- State v. Stone, 229 W.Va. 271, 728S.E.2d 155 (2012)