About the Firm
West Virginia Insurance Defense Attorneys Provide Effective Counsel
Morgantown firm takes on medical malpractice and injury claims
Proper defense representation against injury and malpractice actions requires deep knowledge of the law and a thorough understanding of local courts. When selecting counsel for these matters, the most trustworthy indicator is an established record of success. At Linkous Law, PLLC in Morgantown, our attorneys have won numerous trials and secured favorable settlements in insurance defense advocacy throughout West Virginia and Virginia. Whether you require assistance with a medical malpractice claim, a personal injury action or some other liability matter, we are dedicated to providing the highest levels of legal representation and personal service.
Skilled trial attorneys use real-world experience to secure strong results
When a liability claim arises, it is essential to retain an attorney with the ability to manage the legal and practical considerations that affect your case. Major insurance carriers and other clients from around the country trust us because of our:
- Strong reputation — Our attorneys have been honored by colleagues, professional publications and the clients who recommend us in a wide range of insurance defense matters. Attorney Timothy Linkous has earned an AV® Preeminent™ Peer Review Rating by Martindale-Hubbell®, a recognition of his legal ability and ethics by attorneys familiar with his work.
- Strategic counsel — With decades of combined legal experience, the firm’s lawyers can craft a strategy that maximizes the likelihood of a favorable outcome. Whether your litigation is resolved in court, through a settlement or in another forum, our background will help you achieve your objectives.
- Comprehensive support — In every case, our knowledgeable attorneys and staff provide responsive support so that you have a full understanding of the relevant issues in your case. We focus on obtaining the best result possible while avoiding unnecessary procedures and expense.
We work diligently to give our clients every possible legal advantage by using the latest technology and developing a detailed understanding of electronic medical records.
Areas of Practice
Accomplished advocates have the knowledge to handle complex matters
In Monongalia, Berkeley, Harrison and Randolph counties, as well as in other West Virginia and Virginia courts, our firm represents clients in various types of litigation, including:
- Medical Malpractice Defense — We handle medical malpractice defense cases on behalf of physicians, dentists, nurses and other healthcare providers accused of negligence.
- Nursing Home Abuse Defense — Problems that occur in nursing homes can have many possible causes. Our firm investigates incidents thoroughly on behalf of facilities and other clients to determine what actually happened.
- Personal Injury Defense — Our insurance defense attorneys litigate all types of personal injury actions, including claims involving multiple parties and allegations of catastrophic harm.
- Traumatic Brain injury Defense — Lawsuits involving traumatic brain injuries often require exhaustive evidence on complex factual and scientific matters. We have the experience and network of resources to defend these cases vigorously.
- Wrongful Death Defense — In wrongful death actions, our seasoned attorneys understand how to construct the strongest possible argument to confront plaintiffs’ claims regarding liability and damages.
For these matters and others, our attorneys are committed to delivering honest, ethical advice and advocacy at all times.
Contact a West Virginia malpractice defense lawyer for a free initial consultation
Linkous Law, PLLC is located in Morgantown and represents clients throughout West Virginia and Virginia in medical malpractice defense cases and other insurance defense matters, including personal injury claims. Please call 304-212-2013 or contact us online
to schedule a free initial consultation.